Sunday, September 25, 2011

At The Equinox

I'll admit, I was feeling less than festive at the autumnal equinox this year. That's unusual for me, as fall is my favorite time of all, and so many of the things that I love best take place this time of year--but there it was. Nonetheless I baked a loaf of utterly non-traditional soda bread (filled with raisins, currants and cranberries), arrayed the altar with pumpkins and gourds and fruits and the monster acorns I've been gathering on my rambles through the neighborhood, and contrived with my closest fellow witches to celebrate the season's turning as best we all could. I decided to do a reading, using the deck that I always switch to at this time of year, and I'll share it with you here:



(Images are from Kipling West's Halloween Tarot; in this deck, Pumpkins replace Pentacles and Bats replace Swords.)

Oddly, I felt rather better after that!

1 comment: